Privacy/pseudonyms/etc..

Timothy Newsham newsham at wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:22:57 PDT 1993

Hi,
  I have been on this list lately.  I have seen all sorts of diversions
from "normal" cypherpunk discussion.  None has been as big as this
discussion on psuedonyms and "pseudospoofing".  I always thought that
this list was made up of people who already believed that privacy was
a good thing and that it should be persued by writing cryptographic
software that enforced that privacy.  There are newsgroups for debating
various features of privacy,  I think one of them is called alt.privacy
or something equally obvious.  I know the discussions are pretinent to
the code that we write but I dont believe they belong on this list.  If
I wanted to discuss the ups and downs of giving everybody privacy I would
read the appropriate lists.

                                   Tim N.