: a desperate please

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Oct 26 19:42:47 PDT 1993

A >I can't come up with any good ones, except for "fun" and "just to see
A >what it feels like to put out opinions not my own."

Virago is a "feminist" publisher in the UK.  A few years ago, they brought
out (to wide critical praise) a collection of short stories about
immigrant life in the UK by a new Asian (means from the Indian
subcontinent in the UK) woman.  They had never met her and were very
embarrassed when "she" turned out to be a retired, male vicar.  Seems like
a good idea to use a pseudonym in this case.  I guess that is the use you
meant about "putting out opinions not my own."

Whenever I want to do that I just switch to lawyer mode.

Duncan Frissell

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165