We Don't Need No Steenking Digital Superhighway!!

CVL staff member Nate Sammons nate at VIS.ColoState.EDU
Tue Oct 26 07:40:55 PDT 1993

[I will make no mention of Detweiler's rants, or the coinage of the
phrase "to detweil"]

I think that Tim has made a _very_ important point, and several of the
others have made posts supporting it.  If the government is to build a
National Super-Duper Digital Highway system, they are extremely likely
to feel the "need" to monitor it.  They built the backbones of the
Internet, and look at the NSA.... reading your email, perhaps?

I had heard that the Gov was going to shell out money, and let
private industry build it, I don't know if it's true, or not,
but something I really HATE is the abridging of my freedom of speech
(not to mention my feelings on personal privacy)

I think that this is becoming the second large-scale battle we face,
the Clipper/SkipJack/Capstone fiasco being the first.

Lets forget about ravers [detweiler] and move on...  There's battles to
be one, 'm boys!

- -nate

- --
+--------+ Guerrilla Cryptographer             Always remember "Brazil"