ADMIN: proposed new policy on the mailing list

Eli Brandt ebrandt at jarthur.Claremont.EDU
Sat Oct 23 14:03:06 PDT 1993

>    Digitally sign your articles or their transmission will be delayed.

Under such a policy, I would be strongly tempted to move my PGP use
to jarthur (a public Unix box) rather than write software to snarf
text across a serial line, encrypt it, and spit it back.  As I'm
loath to give up my secret key in this way, I guess I'd just take the
delay.

While an incentive plan is a nice idea, I think most people on the
list would like to sign their messages.  Those who are prevented
from doing so are probably not going to be pushed the other way
by a delay of a few hours.

   Eli   ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu