Net Regulation

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Sat Oct 23 10:13:31 PDT 1993

[Many things I'll not take a stand on one way or another, right
now.]

In article <199310222007.AA07683 at panix.com>,
Duncan Frissell <frissell at panix.com> wrote:
: And don't tell me that we still have to live in the physical world.  If
: 90% of the GWP (including *almost all* the money) consists of non-physical
: goods and services on the nets, government control over the remaining 10%
: is not statistically significant.

All too often, people look at one thing and imagine that the
numbers somehow outweigh reality. It ain't like that, folks.
Reality is complexly, intimately, and inseparately interconnected.
No matter what you do with the bits, physical reality cannot be
discounted.

"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the back will always
cramp his style."

So, please, stop with the simplistic answers!

(What *did* happen at Panix, eh? I rest my case.)