Message to Extropians...others ignore!

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Fri Oct 22 10:52:56 PDT 1993

(Sorry to send a message this way, but you'll see why.)

The Extropians list has been down for several days as a result of the
security incident involving Panix, the systems off of which the
Extropians list is run. (The security incident is being discussed in
several of the *.security groups.)

Perry Metzger mentioned this a few days ago here, but I am still
getting several messages a day asking what happened to the List, hence
this message to you all.

By the way, a conclusion I draw from this is that an alternative way
to signal list members should exist, even if it's just a very long
list to send mail to from an unaffected system. Sort of an "Emergency
Broadcast System."

Harry Shapiro says Panix is back up and the Extropians list should be
restored sometime today, probably.

--Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.