Metaverse info (was: Introducing digital cash in a MOO)

Geoff Dale plaz at netcom.com
Thu Oct 21 15:12:52 PDT 1993

>can you send me info on how to gain access to metaverse?

I've had a couple of requests to this effect. I originally tried to keep it
off the list, but have decided that by sending business thier way I was
actually contributing to one of the few digital cash startups in existance.
Illuminatus wizards feel free to correct any mistakes.

you can access the metaverse via:

'telnet metaverse.io.com 7777'

That is domain name: metaverse.io.com port: 7777.

To login, type as instructed:

'connect guest'

At this point you can browse around with one of the pre-made characters.

To get your own character, you'll have to sign up for an account @io.com.
You can do this by:

'telnet io.com'

...and following instructions. Have a credit card ready. The base fees are
$10/month for telnet access only. Other structures are available.

Once you have an account, send mail to mentor at io.com from your io.com
account with character name and password.

You can find me in the 'verse as PlasticBeethoven. I am currently setting
up a branch office of the Extropians Institute (Freegate Virtual Branch).
Feel free to drop by and offer encouragement/suggestions/criticisms. ('go
to ExI' will get you there.)

   Forward, upward, outward, onward, and every which way but loose!
Geoff Dale    -- insert standard disclaimers here --    plaz at netcom.com
               "We are the shock troops of reality."
                - Voice of the Friends (Wild Palms)