The Bank of the Internet!? (fwd)

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Sun Oct 10 21:46:09 PDT 1993

Doug Barnes writes:

> Also, I would like to emphasize, while these institutions are dedicated
> to the establishing of new or modified digital transactions, they are
> not intended, in any way, to break the law, avoid taxes, or push what I
> can't help but think of as the "Tim May .sig agenda" outside the bounds
> of the law. Many of us believe in aspects of that agenda, but this is an
> approach to push the envelope from the legal side.

And I think this is a wise thing to do. I comment these folks for
pursuing this, all the more so becuas a "credit union" is not the
sexiest thing I can think of (not compared to data havens at least).
But it'll be the solidly middle class apps like digital credit unions
that wil help further colonized cyberspace (and cypherspace).

Meanwhile, I'm fairly "out" about my crypto preferences, and intend to
continue talking about crypto anarchy. I'm sure you folks wouldn't
want it any other way.

Good luck!

-Tim (infamous .sig follows)

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.