Subscriber encapsulation

Paul Ferguson x2044 ferguson at icm1.icp.net
Sat Nov 27 21:29:19 PST 1993

Eric <eric at ah.com> Hughes writes -

> Much of the debate on cypherpunks magically incants 'reputation
> systems' to solve all sorts of sticky problems, but none have ever
> been implemented in software, except for killfiles, which are not
> effective against disruption in an anonymous environment.

This is an interesting point within itself. Anon messages from
remailers such as <nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu> continually have the
same banner/header information, regardless of user (which in my
ideal anonymous environment is a GOO THING (tm)). Anon mail from
penet is account -ized and assigned -- not an ideal anonymous
environment from my viewpoint.

The Net is still in its infancy, as far as I can assess. We will
all be much the historians, if the soothsayers are to be believed.

- Paul