Tech: Truth about Canon Copiers

Nitch an4914 at anon.penet.fi
Tue Nov 23 08:09:04 PST 1993

>       This is interesting.  Since most of the change-making machines in
>   laundromats seem to use the side with the dead white guy, I wonder if it
>   would work to use this copy?
>   ----Dave REes (rees at cs.bu.edu)
>
>Nah, the changers just say "this side up" - the scanner may be looking at
>the underside of the bill, or at both sides (more probable).

Or, they may not "scan" at all!  Ever wonder why wrinkles, folds, and other
mutilations wreck their ability to recognize your cash?

I think many of them may be measuring paper thickness, folks.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.