Key Servers

L. Detweiler ld231782 at longs.lance.colostate.edu
Fri Nov 19 18:22:00 PST 1993

>Perhaps this is because
>they are both assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that you cannot base
>trust on machinery. Machinery might help propagate existing trust...
>but the trust must start with the people involved (and by that I mean
>the entities themselves, *not* the service maintainers.)

that's precisely correct. but we can build mechanisms that encourage
human trust, rather than encourage a criminal `free for all'. I seek to
find such mechanisms. Psychopunks seek to subvert, sabotage, and destroy them.

For example, I proposed an arrangement on this list whereby subscribers
promise not to pseudospoof. Obviously, no one here gives a damn.

I proposed that key servers be implemented that signify the authors
commitment to a code of honest cyberspatial interactions by their key
submissions. Obviously, no one here gives a damn.

I described a *real* and *active* conspiracy in RISKS. Obviously, only
the conspiracists here give a damn.

Hey, braindead cypherpunks -- do you want to know why there has always
been so much NOISE in this list's SIGNAL? do you want to know why
people are so GROUCHY and TYRANNICAL and incapable of any substantial
AGREEMENT or PROGRESS? because it is a HOTBED OF PSEUDOSPOOFING and all
this hideous cacophony is your KARMA FOR ENGAGING IN OR PASSIVELY SUBMITTING TO IT.

>There was a long discussion on another mailing list (with only a
>slightly higher S/N than this one, but far more politics, as the vocal
>membership includes employees of NSF, CIA, ANS, IBM, STD and other
>TLA's :-) about someone who was posting from an address in their name
>representing a political project from an educational site. Someone
>else was curious about this, and contacted the postmaster. They
>contacted the account owner, and had some time of figuring out what
>was going on... turns out it was the *reverse* of PSEUDOSPOOFING,
>namely, there was one account with *several* true names behind it. (It
>was "exposed" because they didn't "keep their stories consistent" or
>something like that.)

You're talking about Extropians? what list? name it, weasel. I still
consider this pseudospoofing -- twisting identity in maliciously
deceptive ways. Using identity to betray people.

If there is any general identity conspiracy, I'll give you 100-1 odds
the psychopunk bastards are behind it. I wouldn't be surprised if it
was a psychopunk bastard behind the Gibson forgery/impersonation on
that other mailing list. You guys have WET DREAMS over ALL OF THIS. perverts.

>Now, do you find this reverse-PSEUDOSPOOFING (I leave the upper case
>letters since I've never seen the world spelled without them)
>objectionable as well?

Just another repulsive variation on psychopunk depravity and
perversions. Honest people would be repulsed by it.