The Republic of Desire (anonymous organizations)

D. Owen Rowley owen at autodesk.com
Thu Nov 18 14:46:37 PST 1993

 > >  My only problem with this is knowing how to organize the
 > >"guerilla cell structures" or whatever it was he mentioned.  Anyone have
 > >a ref for something that discusses guerilla cell organizations?
 >
 > The classic Russian model (late 1800's through the October Revolution) was
 > to have three-person cells, each of which had one person who knew one
 > person above them in the hierarchy and someone who knew one person below
 > them.  This makes for good security as there is no redundant information in
 > the network and one failure breaks the chain.

 Which was also adopted by the weather-underground in the early seventys.

I think a better, and non-political, model is the Astrum Argentum.
The A./.A./. is a masonic style hermetic organisation.
A secret society if you will.

Yes it was headed by Aleister Crowley, yes it still exists today,
no I cannot tell you how to contact any part of it.
Thats your task to accomplish, if that is your will.

I happen to believe that the philosophical basis of the A./.A./.,
and the OTO, otherwise known as THELEMA, offers us a glimpse of
how the future is unfolding.

To those pragmatists and engineering types who scoff at Magickal
organisations and its members, I can only say that I truley believe if
you look without prejudice - suspend disbelief - and recognise the
key nature of the basic underpinnings of hermetic philosophy, you will
see that *the mysterys* are laid bare all the time, and are no mystery
at all, but rather good common sense.

Cypherpunks above all others should easily understand that it is possible
to code information in such ways that only those who have the key can
understand the hidden message (esoteric) while all others see only the
filler text ( exoteric).

Protect the mysterys, reveal them daily.

LUX ./. owen