Quotable Quotes

smb at research.att.com smb at research.att.com
Thu Nov 18 04:06:24 PST 1993

	 >who was the cypherpunk who said, ``Cypherpunks, It's such a feeling o
	 >raw power over lesser intelligences''? I can't remember.

	 I have seen only one person on this list use TeX style quotes, such as

	 ``Cypherpunks ... ''

	 instead of

	 "Cypherpunks ..."

	 and that person is ld231782 at longs.lance.colostate.edu.

	 Writing style may not be conclusive proof, but it adds to the
	 preponderence of circumstantial evidence.

For whatever it's worth, I use ``this'' quoting style as well.  When you
do enough writing in troff and LaTeX (they both use it), you train your
fingers accordingly.

		--Steve Bellovin