Portable TCL-based crypto

Hal Finney hfinney at shell.portal.com
Tue Nov 16 12:05:54 PST 1993

The work Strick is doing sounds very much like what I am looking for.
It is too bad about the export and usage restrictions but perhaps other
packages can be incorporated in the future which are more freely
available.  TCL itself appears to be widely ported and sounds like a
good foundation for this project.  I am hoping to learn more about it
soon.

I do have some concerns about the portability of the gmp library
specifically, but I know that the md4, md5, and rsaref packages are
very portable.  I guess we're not supposed to use rsaref as a "bare"
mp library, though.

Please keep us informed about the progress of this package!  I'm sure
many people on the list would be interested in beta testing when you
are ready.

Hal