"Root Canal" questions

Murdering Thug thug at phantom.com
Mon Nov 15 10:30:31 PST 1993

> In article <00541.2835966052.614 at washofc.cpsr.org> dsobel at washofc.cpsr.org writes:
>  >   "Root Canal" questions
>  > BTW, anyone have ideas about that name!?
>
> Having just been through this procedure (UK National Health, $70), I can
> tell you - It's all about *Deep Drilling*.  Presumably for data, in this
> case.  And it hurts.

> --
> Personal mail to gtoal at gtoal.com (I read it in the evenings)
> Business mail to gtoal at an-teallach.com (Be careful with the spelling!)
> Faxes to An Teallach Limited: +44 31 662 4678  Voice: +44 31 668 1550 x212

Having just been informed that I'm to undergo this procedure in 4 days
time, I really really appreciate you telling me that it hurts.

Seriously, I think "Root Canal" must mean what it says.  Root Canal. A
canal is a channel, a pathway.  Root, in unix terminoligy means one who
can read anything on a system.  Thus Root Canal would allow the FBI to
have a channel with full read privilages to all information in a system,
namely the phone system.  Root Canal therefore is the same as Big Brother
in Orwellian terminology.

Thug