Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

Harry S. Hawk habs at panix.com
Mon Nov 15 02:44:01 PST 1993

The FCC can already regulate what is on any broadcast medium that
is FCC regulated, (Tobacco Ads, for example).

The ONLY way, IMHO, to have a national data highway (not regulated
and thus censored by the FCC) is to have it operated by the post office.

Since I don't want the government opperating any data network I feel
the result will be freedom of "broadcast" IS DEAD.

E.g., I can send Tim live porno from my home, but as soon as I make it
available on a point to multi-point basis, the FCC steps in....

--
Harry S. Hawk  -  Extropian
                                                        habs at extropy.org
In Service to Extropians since 1991