Politics on the List?

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at orchard.medford.ma.us
Fri Nov 12 08:24:32 PST 1993

   But the vast majority of the 500+ folks on this List are either not
   writing crypto code, or are keeping silent about it.

There are undoubtedly a fair number of the latter; probably better
than 50% of the cypherpunks subscribers I know around here (including
myself) get paid to (among other things) work on software related to
network security through cryptography.

Random Rant (preaching to the choir, but..):

The same day that I spent far too many hours attempting to get our
DES-using products in synch with what we believe is a correct
interpretation of the export regulations, I saw a post in sci.crypt
from someone in Italy announcing that he had a copy of my HP48SX DES
implementation (which is available for anonymous FTP from
soda.berkeley.edu; disclaimer: it does ECB encrypt mode only, that's
all I needed).

					- Bill