Are we gatewayed to Usenet

Clark Reynard clark at metal.psu.edu
Fri Nov 12 05:43:43 PST 1993

Never.  I don't _ever_ want to see this made into a
'semi-private' mailing list.  Extropians, for example,
does this, and it's ended up being an incestuous,
closed group, with extremely low signal-to-noise
ratio; as the same groups of people chatter and
blather about the same subjects to no end.

I'd rather have the list the way it is.  At least
the noise is usually _new_ noise; and new signal
comes in constantly.

I even prefer it with L. Detweiler; perhaps he'll
cease his rather garbled rants and return
to being a constructive poster.

In any case, if this sort of thing were ever to be put to
a vote, I'd be emailing everyone I knew not to have anything
to do with such a giddy, doomed proposal.
----
Robert W. F. Clark                   PGP Key Available Upon Request
rclark at nyx.cs.du.edu
clark at metal.psu.edu