Fwd: [gtoal at an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)]Info on Clipper chip and fabrication of it

Andrew Hammer Postmaster at cproject.com
Wed Nov 10 10:38:58 PST 1993

In article <9311092013.AA09822 at vangogh.VIS.ColoState.EDU> nate at vis.colostate.edu writes:
 > Last I heard, hte model of the ARM series used in the Newton (the
 > ARM 610 processor) cranked out about 30,000 Drystones and used
 > _very_ little power.

Oh boy, wait till the guys on comp.sys.acorn hear about this!

I can tell why the arm was chosen: it comes as a drop-in circuit that
manufacturers can use in their own designs.  Not many of the other
low-power fast CPUs are available like this.  And its very small,
and blindingly fast.

Personal mail to gtoal at gtoal.com (I read it in the evenings)
Business mail to gtoal at an-teallach.com (Be careful with the spelling!)
Faxes to An Teallach Limited: +44 31 662 4678  Voice: +44 31 668 1550 x212