Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

Pat Farrell pfarrell at netcom.com
Tue Nov 9 13:53:13 PST 1993

In message Tue, 9 Nov 93 12:38:52 PST,  tcmay (Timothy C. May)  writes:

> I believe someone has gatewayed the list onto Netcom, which is
> available to many thousands of subscribers, including local POPs
> (points of presence) in Washington, D.C., Boston, Atlanta, Austin, and
> of course all up and down the West Coast.
>
> Is this such a good idea? And should it be unilaterally done? If there
> was discussion of this, I must've missed it somehow (which I doubt).

I think this is a terrible idea. Yes, the list is not secret, and
I expect that half the nyms on it are TLA employees, but
converting the list to a feed on a commercial service such as netcom,
delphi, or digex, is not what I want to see. IMHO, of course, but a bad
idea.

Since I'm a netcom user too, i'll fire up rn from the east coast.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell at netcom.com
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>