Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

Joe Thomas jthomas at pawpaw.mitre.org
Tue Nov 9 13:14:01 PST 1993

Chilling thought:  strnlght at netcom.com

A subscriber to Washington-based Digital Express recently asked on
the digex.general group that the cypherpunks list be gatewayed to a
newsgroup there, too.  It hasn't shown up there, and I hope it
doesn't.  Mailing lists just "feel" a little more private, and their
central administration makes possible some control over abusers.

Has anyone sent mail to postmaster or news at netcom to ask them what
they're doing?  I'd feel a little funny doing so myself, since I'm
not a subscriber.  I have asked Digex not to gateway the list,
though.

Joe