Info on Clipper chip and fabrication of it

CVL staff member Nate Sammons nate at VIS.ColoState.EDU
Tue Nov 9 12:13:39 PST 1993

writes Timothy C. May:

>We knew all of this, except for the part about the ARM processor
>(formerly the "Acorn Risc Machine") being used in the core. The ARM is
>a high MIPS-per-watt processor that is being used in the Apple Newton
>and the 3DO game machine.

Last I heard, hte model of the ARM series used in the Newton (the
ARM 610 processor) cranked out about 30,000 Drystones and used
_very_ little power.

- -nate

- --
| Nate Sammons  nate at VIS.ColoState.Edu  (303) 491-1578                  |
|   Colorado State University -- Computer Visualization Laboratory      |