Private and Public

Alan (Gesture Man) Wexelblat wex at media.mit.edu
Mon Nov 8 12:38:23 PST 1993

Boy I hope we don't start a Libertarian/Liberal flame war about taxes, the
gov't, and the social contract (or lack thereof).  I will just point out
that it was the *founders* of the IRS who thought that the gov't had no
right to know how much money you make.  That's why the IRS was set up
separately from the rest of the gov't, why it's supposed to not share data
with the rest of the gov't (yeah, right), and why the income tax was ruled
unconstitutional by the Supreme Ct...

Of course, that's all dark history today that no one studies or takes
seriously.  Sigh.

--Alan