Article in biz.clarinet.sample

Lyle_Seaman at transarc.com Lyle_Seaman at transarc.com
Mon Nov 8 06:23:00 PST 1993

I don't know whether forwarding Clari articles posted to ...sample is
permitted or not, so I am posting just a pointer.   Trot on over to
biz.clarinet.sample, and check out this article:

> Subject: Software you can buy but can't sell
> Date: Sat, 6 Nov 93 18:08:02 PST

>	In mid-October, the House Subcommittee on Economic Policy, Trade and
> Environment began a round of hearings on legislation to reauthorize the
> Export Administration Act, which sets export control policy for the
> United States.

There's not a lot of information, but it's a favorable article.

Peeve:  I wish tech editors wouldn't insist on spelling out acronyms
that nobody ever (ever! Well, except tech writers/editors) uses in
their spelled out form.  If they must spell them out, do it in parens,
and bury it.  I *hate* having to try to figure out what "the
Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol suite" is (eg).