WARNING: direct-marketing email address list

Jim Miller jim at bilbo.suite.com
Wed Nov 3 12:47:26 PST 1993

> According to the Internet Business Report 1.3 (page 4), J.S. McBride and
> Company are selling access to a database of Internet addresses, including
> demographic information.  They claim over one million entries.  The net

I receive an unsolicited e-mail from these people just the other day.  It said
something to effect of

"I have heard that you may be interested in implementing UNIX/Mac/PC
software...I have a database of contact addresses that may interest you...I am
NOT selling anything...If I have mis-read your intentions, I apologize.
However, could you forward this letter to someone would may be interested."

I deleted it.

Jim_Miller at suite.com