INFO: Word Cracking program

Brian D Williams talon57 at well.sf.ca.us
Wed Nov 3 07:52:26 PST 1993

 I saw several requests for a program that can break the encryption on Word
for Windows ans Word for Dos files....I have just uploaded WORDPWD>ZIP to
(thats wordpwd.zip) to soda.berkeley.edu cd pub/cypherpunks/incoming.

 I think the author put it best;

        HELLO MICROSOFT:
        If any of you are listening; it would be very nice if future
        versions of Winword had competent encryption that can't be
        broken by any kid who understands his Spiderman Secret Decoder
        Ring. A false sense of security is much worse than none at
        all. It misleads people into thinking that they have assured
        the confidentiality of their documents when they have in fact
        not, and should have used another method to do so. The best
        approach is to have winword call an external program to do the
        encryption. This would let us plug in our favourite
        cryptengine and save you a lot of hassle vis-a-vis export
        controls on useful crypto technology.

---
 Marc Thibault        |  Automation Architect        |  All we are saying
 marc at tanda.isis.org  |  R.R.1, Oxford Mills,        |  is give global
 CIS:71441,2226       |  Ontario, Canada  K0G 1S0    |  warming a chance.
 NC FreeNet: aa185    |                              |

enjoy...

Brian D Williams
Extropian
Cypherpatriot