Procmail update.

J. Michael Diehl mdiehl at triton.unm.edu
Tue Nov 2 23:47:18 PST 1993

Hi all!  Just a quick update on my procmail mail processor rc file.  I have most
of the functionality implemented.  I'm working on speeding up mail delivery and
making sure I don't have a file locking problem.  So far, my system will:

1    Accept incoming mail and determine if it contains a pgp message, key,
     or signature.

2    If it contains a message, it determines who can read it.

3    If it contains a key, it is added to your pubring.pgp

4    If it contains a signed message, the signature is validated.

5    An informative subset of pgp's output is tacked onto the head of the
     message, surrounded by user-defined lines to prevent spoofing of the
     validation info.

6    Finally, the subject of the mail is prefixed with either (key),
     (sig), (prv) to indicate that the message contains a key, signed
     message, or encrypted (private) message.

I also have the capability to use procmail as a pgp-info server.  You could send
me mail with the subject: send pgp-help and my machine would send you a file
which contains help for pgp.  This could lead to lots of uses....

Any comments are welcome.  I should be releasing my procmailrc file within the
week.  Take care, all

Lagers,

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
mdiehl at triton.unm.edu   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
Mike.Diehl at f29.n301.z1  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
al945 at cwns9.ins.cwru.edu|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politicly Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.
PGP Key = 7C06F1 = A6 27 E1 1D 5F B2 F2 F1  12 E7 53 2D 85 A2 10 5D