ANON: mail concerns

Christian D. Odhner cdodhner at indirect.com
Tue Nov 2 15:47:14 PST 1993

I recently bought a copy of oracom's "Programing Perl" (which btw has a
GREAT quickreference guide) and have been working on a remailer mod with
little succsess. My thought goes like this:
New remailer command...
::
Induce-Delay: X

Where X is any number between 0 and 9999, or the word 'Random'. This would
delay the remailing of the message by X minutes through a simple perl
sleep command.

QUESTION: Would new mail be kept waiting by the old mail? Or would Unix
spawn a new incarnation of the remailer process to take care of each
subsequent message?

::

Again both of these would use a sleep command to avoid the cron and at
commands.

::
Request-Encryption-To: X

If user ID X is on the remailer's pubkey ring, the outgoing message is
encrypted to X. This could be usefull for anonymous return-address blocks.

I think these are all pretty good ideas, however I'm not very good at perl
(in fact, at this point I suck) and things keep on bombing.

Well, Happy Hunting to all, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
cdodhner at indirect.com	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
My opinions are shareware. To register your copy, send me 15$ in DigiCash.
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11