No Subject

nobody at pmantis.berkeley.edu nobody at pmantis.berkeley.edu
Mon May 31 09:20:21 PDT 1993

LOOKING FOR:  MS-DOS utilities for cryptanalysis.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT SUCH A THING?
I'm analyzing a piece of encryption shareware advertised on
comp.archives.msdos.announce.  The author proudly claims that:

"The algorithm used was developped independently of any
literature on the subject of data encryption.  The author hasn't
read any texts on this subject and any ressemblance that may or
may not exist between this algorithm and any previous algorithms
is purely coincidental."

He charges $15.00 for it too...  One of those "secret algorithm"
deals...

PARTICULAR TOOLS I'D USEFUL...
- A binary file editor/composer with hex and ascii displays
- A tool for generating and viewing letter frequencies, digram/
trigram frequencies

I've been able to get by with stuff I have lying around and
quick programs I written as needed.  But it sure would be nice
if there were some slick utilities made for the job!
I looked on soda in pub/cypherpunks/cryptanalysis and found
nothing useful.

If anyone has anything like this, please, *please* upload it
to soda...

Thanx...
-the Cire