License plates

Kragen Sittler TO1SITTLER at APSICC.APS.EDU
Tue May 25 11:15:03 PDT 1993

My understanding is that in many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles Records
indexed on license plate number, and containing the name, address, and other
information about the owner, is public or semi-public.  How would an interested
party go about finding this information?  How difficult or costly is it?  And
what all is actually listed in the record?

How about medical records?  How private are they?

How about other records which are, to me, private or appear to be private, but
can actually be read by anyone without my consent?

Kragen