Police protection

J. Eric Townsend jet at nas.nasa.gov
Sun May 23 18:35:17 PDT 1993

Brad Cox writes:
 > and ammo). Similarly for most US rural states; Oregon, South Carolina,
 > Texas and Arizona come to mind. So do shooting ranges and guns shows most

Just so you know, gun control laws in Texas are about as strict as
those in Calif.  On the other hand, Louisiana has an "open-carry" law
(with exceptions for banks, bars, and a few other places).

I'm not sure if I felt safer in Louisiana or California.  I know that
we were a bit more polite in Louisiana, but then again, it was a more
rural state where *everybody* was poor, not just members of a couple
of ethnic groups.