looking for distributed systems/crypto textbook.

sommerfeld at apollo.hp.com sommerfeld at apollo.hp.com
Fri May 21 13:16:34 PDT 1993

At work, we're thinking of organizing an internal self-study seminar
on areas related to distributed systems security.

I know of Denning's textbook in the area, but would prefer not to use
it for what should be obvious reasons.

I also know of and have read the "Contemporary Cryptography" book by
Simmons, but it seems to be a little too heavily oriented towards
crypto/math as opposed to applications.

Undoubtedly many of you would have opinions in this area; let me know
what they are and I'll summarize to the list.

					- Bill