BBSs under fire! (or on fire, if BATF gets into the act!)

smb at research.att.com smb at research.att.com
Wed May 19 12:34:02 PDT 1993

	 >> Now, maybe I missed something, but I have yet to see the secret ser
	vice raid
	 >> ftparchive.blah.edu, or UNM where I work, for 'pandering'.

	 You missed it.  It has happened.  MIT used to run an alt.sex.bondage
	 stories server.  Someone would read a.s.b., cull out the stories and
	 make them available for anonymous ftp.

It's happening again, even as we speak.  The UNC public access system
is being criticized by the local Fox TV station for providing access to
``pornography'' to kids.