Receipt acknowleged?

Paul Ferguson fergp at sytex.com
Sat May 15 07:45:12 PDT 1993

This is a transcript of a letter that I received in the mail from
Senator John Warner of Virginia -

8<------ Begin transcript ------------------

JOHN WARNER
Virginia

Committees:
Armed Services
Select Committee on Intelligence
Environment and Public Works
Rules and Administration

United States Senate

May 11, 1993

Mr. Paul Ferguson
<address omitted>
Centreville, Virginia  22020

Dear Mr. Ferguson,

        Thanks you very much for writing to inform me of President
Clinton's new initiative in telecommunications encryption technology.

        I was not aware of this proposal as presented by the new
Administration.  Your letter does reveal that you are very
knowledgeable in the details of the "Clipper Chip".  You have
expressed clearly the impact the "Clipper Chip" technology and program
would have on government and private business.

        I will seek more information concerning this new initiative
from the Clinton Administration.

        I appreciate being made aware of this proposal and learning of
your specific insights.

        With kind regards, I am

                            Sincerely,

                            /*signed*/

                            John Warner

8<-------- End transcript ------------

Paul Ferguson                |       Boycott AT&T,
Network Integrator           |    Write your elected
Centreville, Virginia USA    |     Representatives.
fergp at sytex.com              |    Do the right thing.

Just say "NO" to the Wiretap (Clipper/Capstone) Chip(s)
   I love my country, but I fear its government.