computer and privacy on all things considered (bay area, 1430, fri)

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Fri May 14 15:10:50 PDT 1993

>Fri/1430/Mountain View
>
>just heard NPR/All Things Considered announcement that they're going
>to do a bit on data privacy.  I dunno the freq, right above 88.  (Damn
>analog jam box. :-)
>
>-eric

As soon as I read this (and thankfully the toad.com machine was sending
stuff through in a timely way), I flicked on KQED (San Francisco), where
the NPR report was already underway.

The hacker spokesman was, I think, a "Fred Davis."

An unimpressive interview, in my opinion. Confusing stuff about how if your
computer has "wires going into it, hackers can get in" (paraphrased from
the hacker's comments, not the interviewers).

Perhaps the time allotted was just too short to make any reasonable points.

Those who didn't hear it, didn't miss much.

-Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: by arrangement