RNG from zener is easy.

Mark C. Henderson markh at wimsey.bc.ca
Sun May 9 11:37:26 PDT 1993

> To: >Internet:cypherpunks at toad.com
>
> A simple XOR with the message text is enough to create an unbreakable
> cyphertext.  Problem is, that both parties have to have exact copies
> I'm glad Liam brought this up.  It is a good way to produce an
> absolutely unbreakable code.  This, providing the design is good and
> no patterns are allowed to appear (introduced by amplifier
> oscillation or nearby noise sources) in the generated numbers.  If
> there is any interest out there perhaps we (Liam or I) could produce
> a few for testing.
Yes, I'm certainly interested.

A practical use for such a device would be to generate "random" data
for use by PGP or RIPEM. Both need "random" data to generate session
keys and public/secret keypairs. In fact, the whole security of these
programs depends upon the unpredictability of the "random" data used.

Mark

--
Mark Henderson
markh at wimsey.bc.ca
RIPEM key available by key server/finger/E-mail
  MD5OfPublicKey: F1F5F0C3984CBEAF3889ADAFA2437433