No Subject

Timothy Newsham newsham at wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu
Mon May 3 00:07:51 PDT 1993

I am using the d3des package.  So far I have been using the
normal DES routines.  I have recently decided to use the
tripple-DES routines but the documentation ( == *.c and *.h )
didnt seem too clear on the point.  From what I understand
so far it seems that   Ddes()  is used for both double
and triple encryption (???) for 64bits in 64bits out.

this is the test code I did,  it works, I'd just like to
know for sure if it is using triple des (3*56 bit keys).

thanx.

#include "d3des.h"
unsigned long enkey[96],dekey[96];

main()
{
  char *a,b[100],*k;

  strcpy(b,"this is a test");
  k="testing123423456789212345678";
  des3key(k,0); cp3key(enkey);    /* set up long keys , encrypt */
  des3key(k,1); cp3key(dekey);    /* decrypt */
  use3key(enkey); Ddes(b,b);      /* encrypt b */
  write(1,b,8);
  use3key(dekey); Ddes(b,b);      /* decrypt b */
  write(1,b,8);
}