HIDE: embedded msgs in grphics & snd

Sameer Parekh zane at genesis.mcs.com
Sun Mar 21 13:59:01 PST 1993

In message <199303201024.AA09757 at well.sf.ca.us>, George A. Gleason writes:
> I get the idea that if this worked, the record would get a lot of interest
> including from a wider audience than cypherpunx, and that translates into
> attention on the band as such, and that translates into paying back the
> original production investment with interest.   So, anyone interested...?

	For exactly this reason, I don't think that this is a very good
idea. The discussion here started as a search for a way to make
encrypted data not look like encrypted data. (Once it becomes illegal).
If encoding in LSBs becomes a famous technique, then once data
encryption becomes illegal searching the LSBs will become standard
procedure for that data cops.

--
| Sameer Parekh-zane at genesis.MCS.COM-PFA related mail to pfa at genesis.MCS.COM |
| Apprentice Philosopher, Writer, Physicist, Healer, Programmer, Lover, more |