CYPHER: Plain encypher

Matthew J Miszewski MJMISKI at macc.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:20:38 PST 1993

in complicated graphics/sound/random # generators/etc I believe
this would unnecessarily defeat the purpose.

  TLA types become suspicious when they see random pgp type
data transmissions flying across their screens.  When they get
one of these monsters, they of course attempt to decrypt it
(assuming its from someone they wish to monitor (All of us?).

  They also become suspicious when incredibly long plain text
transmissions are broadcast.  It seems desireable to have a mode
of encryption that will encrypt my message and then package it
in a short (relatively) plain text message.

  The NSA/CIA/FBI wont bother trying to decrypt messages that
are the equivalent of 'My slide show of my trip to Florida".
And even if they were to suspect, or by some miracle decrypt it,
you have your Plausible Deniability.  Make the message generator
sufficiently general that all final messages are plausible real
messages.

  Only those expecting a message that is encrypted in plain text will
know they have one.  They would have the key to decrypt it.  And
no one would be the wiser.

Matt           mjmiski at macc.wisc.edu