Fwd: cyberspace, congressional hearings

Joseph Arceneaux jla at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:41:01 PST 1993

These hearings look interesting, but it looks to me that the tide is
against solutions which are helpful to society.

I recently saw that the American Library Association is opposed to
putting the Library of Congress online.  They feel that publishers
will retaliate by refusing to allow new books to enter the library
system.  I think it is time to come up with a different paradigm for
our society than "intellectual property".

On Monday March 15 at 10AM KQED's Forumn will have a panel discussion
of "the NREN proposal" and related issues.  Panelists will include EFF
representatives, members of Al Gore's staff, and folks from Silicon
Valley.

Joe