CFP Costs Too Much!

Fen Labalme fen at genmagic.genmagic.com
Mon Mar 1 11:37:02 PST 1993

> In my opinion, $405 is way too much to pay for this conference.

One note on the other side of the coin:

Email announcements of the conference began in December of '92, including
the complete pricing schedule:

> Registration Fees are:
>       If mailed by:       7 February        8 March         on site
>       Conference Fees:      $300             $355             $405
>       Tutorial Fees:        $135             $165             $195
>       Conference & Tutorial $435             $520             $600

Note that there was over a month's time to get registered at $300, and the
price of registration is currently $355, *not* $405.

Now I have to pay the $355 out of my own pocket (as Magic decided not to
pay my way) and I understand the pain you feel with having to shell out
such big bucks.  But, for one reason or another, I believe that CFP has not
done incredibly well financially, and they've got to cover their ass.  One
way to do that is by encouraging early registration, which smooths the
planning process.

So get your registration in now!

> Registration is limited to 550 participants, so register early and save!
>
> By Mail:                               By Fax:
> (with Check or Credit Card)            (with Credit Card only)
> CFP'93 Registration                    Send Registration Form
> 2210 Sixth Street                      (510) 845-3946
> Berkeley, CA 94710                     Available 24 hours
>
> By Phone:                              By E-Mail:
> (with Credit Card only)                (with Credit Card only)
> (510) 845-1350                         cfp93 at well.sf.a.us
> 10 am to 5 pm Pacific Time

On the other hand, Glenn Tenney has done a remarkable job in keeping the
price of Hackers down...

Fen