remailer ideas & proposals

Sameer zane at genesis.mcs.com
Wed Jun 30 16:29:10 PDT 1993

In message <9306300657.AA26896 at longs.lance.colostate.edu>, ""L. Detweiler"" writes:

> Here is an idea: if a remailer drops a message or forwards it
> successfully it could broadcast a message to a group such as misc.test.
	I like this idea.. How about alt.remail?
	And a header:

::
Request-Remailing-To: remail at extropia.wimsey.com
Error-ID: &DNANC*WHS

	If the message is dropped the remailer posts a note to
alt.remail saying, "Remail message &DNANC*WHS has been dropped." Maybe
some sort of ID-encryption similar to that used in Chaum's digital cash
algorithim could be used for security.

> And some goofy Fidonet gateway may find it necessary to stick something on the end:
>
> x-message-format: ((headers:4 body:10 signature:3) fidofooter:4)

	This would require that the operator of the Fidonet gateway be
cypherpunk-friendly. I think it is best if all modifications/ideas be
made *only* to remailers, for I doubt that we will have much control of
other net-elements.

--
| Sameer Parekh-zane at genesis.MCS.COM-PFA related mail to pfa at genesis.MCS.COM |
| Apprentice Philosopher, Writer, Physicist, Healer, Programmer, Lover, more |