Perspectives

John Gilmore gnu
Thu Jun 24 09:33:36 PDT 1993

I agree with der Cat; the paranoia here is getting excessive.

I think it's most likely that the documents we received were genuine,
and an attempt of someone in the Secretary of Defense's staff to
explain the situation to policy-people in that office who had not kept
track of what was going on.  There's a lot more for the Secretary of
Defense to do than to watch domestic entryption debates, and falsify
documents about them just in case someone requests them under FOIA.

	John