The Bizdos flap

George A. Gleason gg at well.sf.ca.us
Tue Jun 22 03:09:37 PDT 1993

Quoting you, "If one wishes PKP to behave "ethically," it is necessary for
us
to make it unprofitable for PKP to behave in the manner in which
it is.  E. g. question their patents, bring suits against them,
and otherwise make PKP's existence unprofitable.  Suddenly, it
will behave "ethically."

That's like, if you want your kid to behave, beat him any time he
misbehaves.  Yeah, uh-huh.

If we want PKP to behave ethically, we have to show them positive i.e.
profitmaking incentives for doing so.  For instance commitments to buy their
products if they do (whatever).

-gg