one reaction: early FOIA results

George A. Gleason gg at well.sf.ca.us
Tue Jun 22 03:05:56 PDT 1993

Re AT&T being "incentivised;" again, I'd like to suggest it's time to
dis-incentivise them like right now.  If you're on AT&T long distance,
change your carrier.  If you're using an AT&T phone system, replace it with
anything else.

It would be interesting to find out that magic number of phones which AT&T
were promised under the Federal contract.  Then we can either a) set that as
a target for business phone systems getting rid of AT&T, i.e. one for one;
or b) figure out what the revenues would be and get an equivalent amount in
disconnected AT&T long distance (this one could be done on a gross dollar
equivalent amount, assuming one year's worth of service is the relevant
gross dollar value of a given client), or c) *both.*  Well....?

-gg