Contempt of court

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Thu Jun 17 15:48:07 PDT 1993

Perry Metzger writes:
> technically exhausted his right to appeal. It seems like its only a
> matter of time before other than stopping the government from
> quartering soldiers in your home except in time of war, there will be
> nothing more the courts will prevent.
>
> Fun, ain't it?

Ah, but this happens all the time! For example, at a recent dinner for
Dave Nolan, founder of the Libertarian Party, a middle-aged Santa Cruz
couple told us the story of how police/DEA/SWAT/BATF/not sure which
"took over" all the houses on their block to wait for a suspected drug
dealer to come out of his house.

By "take over" I mean the middle-aged couple was awakened by knocks on
the door at dawn, told they had 5 minutes to pack a few things, and
then told to get out of the house, that the SWAT team was using their
house as one of their command posts. Several other houses were as
well.

Around mid-afternoon, the blissfully-oblivious suspect wandered out
into into driveway and was immediately surrounded.

Now this may not be "quartering of troops," technically, in that they
didn't sleep over, eat the food (so far as I know), etc., but I sure
would call it something very similar.

And what do you think would happen to me if I answered the door with
my Heckler and Koch submachinegun, as I sometimes do (perfectly legal,
since it's on my property...so long as I don't "brandish" it)? My
guess is the pigs would shoot first.

With the Clinton Clipper rolling along, with the New World Order
looking like a liberal left police state, it's time more than ever for
the long-discussed "Cypherpunks Shooting Club."

Time for us to fight back.

"Kill the code grabbers."

-Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.