Contempt of court

Duncan Frissell 76630.3577 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Jun 17 08:44:22 PDT 1993

>>>I think that Mr. Frissell's suggestion falls into the category of what
>>>I've humbly termed "digital flash paper" mechanisms.
>>>My highly esteemed legal opinion is that this could be considered
>>>criminal obstruction of justice

I call it a network operating system designed to cope with local security
breaches.  I am not required by law to keep business records in any
particular jurisdiction.  I am not even required to have access to
everything in a business with which I am connected.

>>>such a charge might be preferrable to one of Sedition :-)<<<

But a charge of Sedition is such a rare honor.  It's tough to get the Feds
to bring one.  One Sedition trial during WWII and one against White
Supremicists a few years back.  Feds lost both.  Besides, if the system is
run by non-Americans outside of the US, sedition can't apply (can it? - no
treason certainly).

(Mike McNally)

Duncan Frissell