Bidzos responds to "sellout" cry!

Marc Horowitz marc at GZA.COM
Wed Jun 16 13:07:51 PDT 1993

> RSA/PKP supporting Clipper? Where did you hear that? (It's untrue.)

Quote this paragraph:

    PKP will also grant a license to practice key management, at no
    additional fee, for the integrated circuits which will implement both
    the DSA and the anticipated Federal Information Processing Standard
    for the "key escrow" system announced by President Clinton on April
    16, 1993.

I'm not going to respond directly to him, since I don't know if you
want him to know you reforwarded his mail.  However, I would make the
argument that if RSA really didn't want the clipper chip, they would
license it to NIST in such a way that "all implementations based on
our patents will be made available in software source form for
non-commercial use".  I'm sure legal language can be constructed which
would prohibit hardware-only implementations.  I couldn't write it
though.

		Marc