crypto print drivers for email

Jeff Ubois cir at access.digex.net
Thu Jun 10 10:13:30 PDT 1993

Forgive me if I've missed it on alt.security.pgp, but what would people
think of implementing PGP or other crypto schemes using a print driver ?

A model could be some of the fax software that lets you fax directly from
other applications by issuing a print command.  These packages have print
drivers that let you enter the name and phone number of the person you are
faxing, or select a name from an address book after you give the print
command.  You can also select high or low resolution, what kinds of headers
you want added to the message, and make file attachments.

This is a very easy way to send faxes, and seems like it would be an easy
way to create and send encrypted messages too.  For persons who aren't
technically adept, this would be a lot simpler than say

 pem -e -r recipient at bighost.edu -p bigpubkeyfile -s mysecret

or even PGP equivalents.

--Jeff