ADMIN: upload ettiquette to the cypherpunks ftp site

Eric Hughes hughes at soda.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 8 08:36:25 PDT 1993

There are a few matters of upload ettiquette for the ftp site.

1.  Upload stuff for cypherpunks to pub/cypherpunks/incoming/ and not
to the general pub/incoming/ directory.  I'll be able to more
adequately handle files there.  (I can't erase in the other directory.)

2.  Whenever you upload something, also upload a short description of
what it is you are uploading.  I've got a few mystery files there that
are on the low priority end of things, since I don't know what they
are and I've got plenty of other stuff to do with the archive.

3.  Send me mail telling me what you've put up.  I don't have any
automated software to look at the incoming directory, and so I may not
notice.  My address is below.

4.  Don't bother uploading programs that don't have source code.  The
mission of the archive site is education.  Software distribution is
not a purpose, and software without source does not satisfy the
educational criterion.

Thanks.

Eric Hughes
cypherpunks ftp site maintainer